Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cozy corner...



{image from housetohome}


It's that time of year again...

We're having a cold, drizzly day today, and I'd love nothing better than to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea before the fire.

I'm not sure if I'd overload that mantle quite as much as the designers here did! (Although I love the snowflakes dangling off the edge.)

That got me thinking about using pine cones as decoration. Around this time of year, people start doing a lot of truly silly things with pine cones (particularly involving spray paint and fake holly berries). But a lot of nice, tasteful things are done with them, as well. Take for example, this:




{"Nature's Floor - Decorative Sphere" by KG Design at Etsy}



Speaking of days that make me want to just curl up with a book, big thanks to design*sponge for posting about these gorgeous Penguin Classics editions, which look like they're available exclusively through Waterstone's.






{images from design*sponge}

No comments: