Monday, November 10, 2008

sparkle

I have never really been a fan of overly cutesy things, so - by all educated guesses - I would not have been predisposed to like this lighting fixture. I have always been, however, absolutely nuts about bird cages. Maybe that's what drew me to this ceiling lamp... I will say that I think the execution of the design is absolutely superb (cutesy daisy shapes aside). Somehow, it manages to be simple and elegant. (And thanks to the decor8 blog for leading me to it!)




{image from Tonic Home}


The more I look at it, the more I see a project in the making, though. Given the right kind of wire base/birdcage, it could be possible to create a "cage" for your own lighting fixture - using crystal or glass in perhaps less cutesy shapes. (And, you know...maybe for a little less than the wopping $2600 pricetag that comes with this fixture.) I'm not entirely sure how I'd pull it off, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility!

No comments: