Friday, January 2, 2009

Eureka!

A while ago, I fell in absolute love with the Brunschwig & Fils' fabric "Dzhambul." Unfortunately, it tends to run a bit expensive...

However, I just found a less expensive fabric called "Suzani," which I think is very very close to Dzhambul. In fact, I have to say I think I like it just a little bit more!

Anyway, I just had an epiphany. My aunt is a crazy fanatic quilter. She's already offered to make me a runner for my new dining table (she's way more excited about it than I am!). It just occurred to me that I might be able to ask her if I could purchase the fabric, have it sent to her, and ask her if she would be willing to make two pillow shams for my new sofa (I figure I'll pick up some big pillows for that purpose at Ikea). This would be PERFECT!



Love!



p.s. You know what I think would be kind of hot? Instead of a normal pillow sham, two somewhat-more-rigid-than-your-normal-sham square panels of fabric, one for the front and one for the back, tied together artfully at the four corners (so, obviously, there would have to be some kind of under-sham). Could be gorgeous, if done well!

No comments: