Thursday, August 7, 2008

beach decor done right

While browsing over lunch today, I found some images of what I consider to be absolutely spot-on perfect beach decor:










I love the fact that, in the first picture, that might actually be a mobile made of sea glass and driftwood. How perfect!

Speaking of ideal beach-themed home accessories, I know I have to get my hands on one of these "gurglepots." My mother had a fish pitcher somewhat similar in shape to this (in white, of course) when I was growing up, and it was one of the many "grown-up" items in the home that I was strongly drawn to as a child due to its whimsical nature.





And on the very top of the "design lust" list is a fabric I found a few months ago: the pricey "Dzhambul," available at Brunschwig & Fils. I think the below treatment of the fabric - upholstering an ottoman with books and a starfish on top, as seen on style court - is absolutely perfect for a beach design.



No comments: