Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday I'm in love...

It's Friday. It's pay day. And it's been a rough week. What's a girl to do but turn to Etsy for a little retail therapy?

I've had my eye on some of these pieces for a while, but have held off for a moment just like this. Today I treated myself to:




{"Bonnie and the Bee" by Kenneth Rougeau at Art Familia}


{"Hive" by Julianna Swaney at Oh My Cavalier!}


{"4/20 Limited Edition Print" by Geninne's Art Store}



Over the years, I've become a bit older and wiser - which is a different way of saying I've learned some self-restraint! And a good thing, too, otherwise I also would have walked away with these gorgeous pieces:




{"Tiny Sparrow" by Little Robot - As an aside? if I ever wanted someone to draw me an avatar, it would have to incorporate elements of butterflies, birds, and the sea. This is just about perfect!}


{"Claire Voyance" by Art & Ghosts}


{"Silently Waiting" by Brooke Kent Fine Art and Illustration}


{"She Will Grow Weary" by Swan Bones Theater}


{"Anne Boleyn paper doll" by Lisa Perrin (LeLapinTriste)}


{"Windy on the Coast" by Jayme McGowan}


Phew! After window shopping like that, I've got to catch my breath!

Oh, yeah... And here's my new boyfriend:




{"Mystical Cowboy - printed art doll" by Little Robot}


(Do they make real guys like that? I bet you have to assemble them yourself...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do make your new boyfriend. His name is Devendra Banhart and I think he lives on the west coast somewhere.

BTW: Hi.

ohyouprettythings said...

-laughs- Someone else mentioned that to me, too!

And hello there! Long time! I hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked Bonnie & the Bee. Thanks so much for sharing it with the world! - Ken

ohyouprettythings said...

Any time! I really just love it! I can't wait for it to arrive!