Friday, August 1, 2008

a weekend at the beach

I just threw together my first room design on ShopStyle Living! Too much fun.

Roost at ShopStyle


For the past few months, I've really been drawn to beachy style. The Christopher Marley (no relation to Jacob Marley that I know of!) Sea Urchins art at Gumps was the perfect inspiration to start from. The Roost Fish Catcher Hanging Lamps at Velocity are a definitely must-have and a bit of a modern touch to keep the decor from veering off in a too-rustic direction. (Though, truth told, I might be more inclined to put the lamps in an entry hall or dining area than this particular living room....)

I also loved their Sea Urchin vases, which I recently gushed over at Shake the Tree in Boston. They're so light and delicate I thought they would break in my hands! And then, of course, the Roost's Glass Cloches and their Artist Hand Models. (I've already incorporated wooden artist models into my own current livingroom - these hands just called out to me!)

Keeping with the theme, I also added these Sea Urchin sculptures from Crate & Barrel and a Sea Urchin box from Jayson Home and Garden. (Because, really, I'm on a sea urchin roll these days!)

The Nautical Rope accent tables from Pottery Barn and the Williams Trunk from Williams Sonomoa (I thought they just carried items for the kitchen!) seemed like great, light accents. I thought the Orimono pillows from Anthropologie would add a bit of sunny colour, and I really wanted to pair them with the Caney Teak pillow from Crate & Barrell to add a touch of texture and tie in a bit with the rope accent tables. And, lastly, the Patchwork Prints from Ballard Designs were just too pretty to pass up!

I think this would be a cute seaside living room to spend the weekend!

No comments: