Friday, August 8, 2008

chalkboard paint

I'm a little bit taken aback by the fact that apartment therapy just sent me an email announcing: "Chalkboard paint has finally crossed the line, graduated beyond children's decor and become a full on modern design trend for 2008." I don't know about you, but back around 2001-2002 when I was watching a lot of Trading Spaces on TLC you couldn't get through a single episode before one of the designers gleefully whipped out some chalkboard paint and went to town with it. (Who'd've thunk they were so ahead of their time??)

Historic popularity of chalkboard paint aside, I wanted to share two of my absolute favourite examples of its use:

1. Director Roland Emmerich's London home (which you can see more of here):





(I could probably live without the naked Barbie doll tumbleweed, though...)

2. Martha Stewart's suggestion of making chalkboard paint calendars on your walls:



No comments: